This Chicken in White Wine Sauce with Mushrooms is a simple yet very elegant dish featuring boneless skinless chicken breasts in a delicious creamy mushroom sauce made with white wine and cream.
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- parsley for garnish
- Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook on both sides, about 5 min per side or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook for a couple minutes until onion is translucent and soft. Add mushrooms and stir. Season mushrooms generously with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are cooked to your liking sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir. Add wine and cook off the wine for a couple more minutes. Add half and half, stir and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce reduces a bit and thickens.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Tip: This chicken and mushroom dish could be served over noodles or rice, or just enjoyed on its own with a nice crusty bread.