These potatoes are incredibly tender on the inside yet amazingly crisp on the outside – the perfect side dish to any meal!
- 24 ounces (700 gr) Dutch yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a potato masher or fork, carefully smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. Top with olive oil, garlic and thyme.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.