Instead of reaching for jarred pasta sauce when you're serving spaghetti for dinner, give this homemade sauce a try. After it cooks for 30 minutes, toss in the noodles and the one-pot meal will be complete once the noodles are tender. Get a family favorite meal on the table even faster on busy nights!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Dash of pepper
- 1 package spaghetti (7-ounce), uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes.
- Add pasta; cover and simmer, stirring often, 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese, and garnish, if desired.