A local and traditional recipe "Carni Mula ku Zuurkool", delicioso!
- 1 lb (½ kg) of grounded stew beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of tomato paste
- some capers
- 1½ lb (0.7 kg) of potatoes
- 1 medium can of sliced pineapple (about 20oz can)
- 1 medium can of sauerkraut (about 20 oz can)
- 2 tablespoon of butter (1 tablespoon for the meat, 1 tablespoon for the potatoes)
- 1 or 2 small boxes Raisons
- nutmeg and salt to your taste
- 1½ cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in pieces and boil them in water and add some salt
- In a cooking pot, add the ground beef,1 tablespoon of butter, chopped onion, chopped pepper, garlic pow, nutmeg, salt and let it cook while stirring.
- Add the tomato paste after the beef started to cook.
- When the meat seems almost done cooking, add the capers and take it off the heat.
- When the potatoes are soft, drain them and mash them with 1 tablespoon of butter and add the milk to it.
- In a baking pan, we pour the ground beef mixture and spread it evenly.
- Now drain all the liquid from the sauerkraut. Put a layer of sauerkraut on top of the beef. Make sure it fully covers the beef across the pan.
- Open and drain the pineapple can, and place the pineapple rings on top of the sauerkraut across the whole pan
- Sprinkle the raisins on top.
- Now we will pour the mashed potato on top and cover completely.
- Put the pan in the oven and allow it to cook for about 30 minutes until the top of the potato is golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down a little and it is ready to serve!