Topped with grated cheddar and chopped red onion. So GOOD!.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 125g rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 750g lean beef mince
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium red capsicums, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 chili seasoning
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add onions, capsicums, garlic and chopped chili. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add chili seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add beans. Increase heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until beans are heated through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with toppings red onions and cheddar cheese.