A healthy and economical meal for the family.
- 1½ cups long-grain rice
- 2¼ cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 250 g chicken nasi meat
- 1 bunch bok choy, shredded
- 100 g green cabbage, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 3 green spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp kejap manis
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 eggs
- Place rice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick wok over a high heat until hot. Add garlic, chilli and carrots. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- Add rice, bok choy, cabbage, onions and combined sauces. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are wilted. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan until hot. Crack eggs, one at a time, into pan. Cook on one side only, for about 3 minutes, or to your liking.
- Serve eggs over rice. Garnish with chilli (optional).