This Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole is easy to put together and it boasts big flavor!
- 1 pound of dry macaroni noodles (or similar)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook noodles for 3/4 of time according to package. (My noodles said 9 minutes so I cooked them for 6). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, garlic & onion in a frying pan. Drain.
- Combine green peppers, beef, noodles, tomatoes, tomato sauce & paste, basil, salt & pepper, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley. Pour into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Combine remaining cheeses & 1 tablespoon of parsley. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned!