We hope your family loves these Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 lbs Chicken Gyros (already marinated)
- 4 (or more) Pita Breads
- 1½ cups Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Dill, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, grated and squeezed to drain
- 3 Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Italian Parsley, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Feta Cheese
- To make tzatziki sauce, stir together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, dill, and garlic. Stir in grated cucumber and taste for seasonings. Squeeze the cucumber to remove excess water before adding to rest of ingredients.
- To make greek salad, place tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper in bowl. Stir to coat. Season to taste.
- The chicken gyros can be cooked on grill or in skillet. To cook on grill -- place chicken on kebobs and heat grill to medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until chicken is full cooked.
To cook chicken on skillet. Heat skillet to medium high heat. Sprinkle with oil. Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and golden brown.
- Place chicken in pita bread. You can warm the pita bread to make it pliable. Top with tzatziki sauce and greek salad. Add additional feta, if desired.