The rich sauce is so tasty you won't want to share it with anyone!
- 4 Frozen chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 150ml chicken stock (use ½ a cube)
- 250g mushrooms, halved
- few thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 150ml Finca Lomilla red wine
- 1 tbsp Amanhecer Cooking oil
- small can diced tomatoes
- 2 gloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Toss the chicken in the flour, then tap off the excess. Mix 1 tsp of the excess flour with a little stock and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the chicken, garlic, onion, carrot, mushrooms and thyme. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 5 mins, turning the chicken breasts over once until golden.
- Lift the chicken out, then set aside.
- Pour in the wine, diced tomatoes and the remaining stock and boil for 5 mins or until reduced by half. Add the flour and stock mix, stirring until the sauce thickens a little.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, along with any juices from the plate, then simmer for 5 mins or until cooked through and the sauce is glossy. Serve with rice.