Quite easy to make and the colored peppers will look lovely on your plates.
- 6 large peppers (any color)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions
- 1 can diced tomatoes (16 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Hot Pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Cut off the tops of peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
- Cook the whole peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt.
- In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add drained tomatoes, salt, Worcestershire, Hot Pepper sauce and a dash of pepper.
- In a separate pot put water bring to boil add rice cook until rice is soft. if needed add more water.
- Add rice to beef mixture.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake, covered in a 350ºF. (175º Celcius) oven for 30 minutes. In the last 5 minutes add any remaining cheese to the top of the peppers.