Spaghetti and meatballs = the ultimate comfort food. It's already no-fuss, but throwing everything into a slow cooker makes it even better and easier!
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Make meatballs: In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Form into 16 meatballs and place in the bottom of a Crock Pot.
- In another large bowl, mix together crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, oregano, and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover Crock Pot with lid and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6, until meatballs are cooked through.
- During the last hour of cooking add chicken broth and spaghetti to Crock Pot, breaking noodles in half to fit. Replace lid and continue cooking for the remaining hour.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley before serving.