Easy, healthy, homemade chicken shoarma recipe! Serve it in pita pockets with tahini sauce and this lazy salad, and call it dinner!
- Chicken Shoarma family pack (see special)
- 3/4 tbsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tbsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, more if you prefer
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 pita pockets
- Tahini sauce or Greek Tzatziki sauce
- Baby arugula
- Pickles or kalamata olives (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, coriander, garlic powder, sweet paprika and cloves.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the spices and toss to coat. Add the onions, lemon juice, a little bit of salt and olive oil. Toss everything together again. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight (if you don’t have time, you can cut or skip marinating time)
- When ready, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Take the chicken out of the fridge and let it sit in room temperature for a few minutes.
- Spread the marinated chicken with the onions in one layer on a large lightly-oiled baking sheet pan. Roast for 30 minutes in the 425 degrees F heated-oven. For a more browned, crispier chicken, move the pan to the top rack and broil very briefly (watch carefully). Remove from the oven.
- While the chicken is roasting, prepare the pita pockets.To serve, open pita pockets up. Spread a little tahini sauce or Tzatziki sauce, add chicken shoarma, arugula, salad and pickles or olives, if you like. Serve immediately!