Whip up this easy version of the traditional Spanish seafood dish straight from the store cupboard. Add extras such as chorizo and peas if you like.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp each hot smoked paprika and dried thyme
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 3 tbsp dry sherry or white wine (optional)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 900ml chicken stock
- 500g bag frozen seafood mix
- juice ½ lemon, other half cut into wedges
- handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion and soften for 5 mins. Stir in the paprika, thyme, and rice, stir for 1 min, then splash in the Sherry or wine, if using. Once it has evaporated, stir in the tomatoes and stock. Season and cook, uncovered, for about 15 mins, stirring now and again until rice is almost tender and still surrounded with some liquid.
- Stir the frozen seafood into the pan and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5 mins, or until the prawns are cooked through and the rice is tender. Squeeze over the lemon juice, scatter with parsley and serve with extra lemon wedges.