"Enjoy this Southwestern ground beef, turkey or pork pie packed with red potatoes – a flavorful dinner."
- 1 pound ground turkey, beef or pork
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 small bag of frozen peas
- 1 small bag of frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can of black beans (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup chicken stock, divided
- One packet of taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, add potatoes and cover with water, bring to a boil and them simmer for 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and return to pot. Add cream, salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 cup chicken stock. Mash to preferred consistency.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent. Add ground protein. Cook thoroughly. Reduce heat.
- Add remaining chicken stock and taco seasoning. Next, add peas, carrots and black beans and peppers. Cook until frozen vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Grease a 9x12 casserole dish. Add meat/vegetable mixture. Top with potatoes. Cover with foil. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place casserole in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown. Serve immediately.