A delicious dinner that also reheats well. Add a green vegetable or a salad and some fruit and dinner is done.
- 1 medium onion (diced 1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes (Italian)
- seasoning (choice, I chose to make this very simple but you could add your families favorites here.)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or this is a great way to use up extra grilled meat, diced 1/4 inch)
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (or up to 12 oz, depending upon how much pasta your family likes)
- 2 cups grated cheese (or more, it is up to you, use what you have)
- Saute the onion in the oil, until wilted, add the garlic salt and cook on low while preparing the tomatoes.
- Pour both cans of tomatoes into a blender and puree, add this to the onions.
If using raw beef, saute separately and drain the excess fat, add to the tomato mixture.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Cook pasta until 1/2 done, drain well.
- Stir into the tomato mixture and turn into a 9X13 glass pan.
- Cover with the grated cheese and bake 30 minutes.