Quick and easy marinade and so tasty, great for a Christmas dinner! With prime rib, you’re working with a very flavorful main dish. So you might opt for a subtle, simple baked potato or Yorkshire pudding with au jus on the side instead of a big, flavorful beef gravy over mashed potatoes. And rather than a rich side-dish casserole, choose to simply roast a few root vegetables -- or quickly sauté green beans in butter, garlic, and lemon pepper.
- Beef Rollade - 1 Kilo
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast, and let the roast sit out until it is at room temperature, no longer than 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes. The internal temperature of the roast should be at 135 degrees F (57 degrees C) for medium rare.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 or 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.